Events have conspired to make today’s Dork Report the biggest ever, now with 47% more dork! A total computer failure plugged up the works, backing up dork all the way to our eyeballs.
- Quotable Neil. Must he be so bloody clever?
- Dorkbot NYC: people doing strange things with electricity.
- I knew it was coming, but I’m going to have a hard time getting used to saying “Adobe Flash Player.”
- For those times when you really need to throw a cd hard enough to shatter it (and find a use for that big box of Legos in your parents’ basement): Lego cd thrower (spotted on Boing Boing)
- Ack! Ex-Fox News pundit Tony Snow, now White House Press Secretary, went to my college! According to Time Magazine (May 8, 2006), “Snow says he was a liberal until he read Marx in college ‘and realized it was all indecipherable hokum.’” OK, let’s parse this statement: First, if he couldn’t decipher Marx, how can he dismiss it as hokum? Second, what does comprehending (or not) Marx have to do with being a liberal? He’ll fit in nicely at the White House; celebrate ignorance!
- Graphic Classics, new Penguin editions with covers by graphic artists.
- The graphic designer that created the Apple logo did it pro bono?! Hey, at least slip the guy a Nano or something. (spotted on Kottke.org)
- I like Wes Anderson’s new AmEx ad better than M. Night’s. (spotted on Kottke.org)
- Ads on iTunes?! I feared the worst, but it seems it’s for ESPN podcast listeners only. Eh, they get what they deserve.
- You know how I know you’re a prog-rock fan? Rumors of Asia touring. Hey, it could have been worse; it could have been GTR. (guest submission from Dave)
- Cower before the Legion of Shitty Villains. (guest submission from The Evil Baroness of Doom, Andrea)
- Geeks and their toys. (guest submission from Friend-to-Dorks-Everywhere Andrea)
- I could have so used these on my last project (forthcoming).
- Adidas’ new campaign Adicolor features work by Dork Report favorites Charlie White (a bizarre photographer whom I saw speak at Semi-Permanent05 NYC; also the director of the strangely moving video for Interpol’s Evil) and Shynola (among other things, creators of Junior Senior’s Move Your Feet and Blur’s Good Song videos). Watch the films in the Podcast (iTunes link).
- Pimp your e-mail like it’s 1996 with the ASCII Text Generator (guest submission from
______ __ /\ _ \ /\ \ \ \ \L\ \ ___ \_\ \ _ __ __ __ \ \ __ \ /' _ `\ /'_` \/\`'__\/'__`\ /'__`\ \ \ \/\ \/\ \/\ \/\ \L\ \ \ \//\ __//\ \L\.\_ \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \___,_\ \_\\ \____\ \__/.\_\ \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__,_ /\/_/ \/____/\/__/\/_/