- Wow. Renaissance looks amazing. I have a friend who will lose his mind when we sees this.
- Metallica (one of the last holdouts, following Madonna) finally puts itself up on iTunes (iTunes link).
- Thousand-year-old medieval book of psalms discovered in an Irish bog, with this eerie twist:
"The book was found open to a page describing, in Latin script, Psalm 83, in which God hears complaints of other nations’ attempts to wipe out the name of Israel."
- The sky is falling in the movie biz: Disney lays off 600 and Warner Bros. 400.
- A panel of "experts" pick the 50 Films to See Before You Die for Film4, coincidentally what Film4 has been able to license for broadcast. (guest submission from Andrea)
- What are those crazy IconFactory kids up to? Day 1: read the riot act by the WC3. Day 2: installing a port-a-potty. Day 3: waving goodbye to archaic HTML and, um, something to do with Optimus Prime? I smell a redesign, at least…
- After albums ranging from the critically acclaimed to the insanely popular, Moby’s latest, Hotel, was dull, dull, dull. But turns out the Little Idiot still has some fire in him yet, judging by his blog (the poor boy should take his iBook to the Soho Apple Store to get his SHIFT key fixed):
"one of the big differences between liberal disdain for conservatives and conservative disdain for liberals is that liberal disdain for conservatives tends to be issue oriented and conservative disdain for liberals tends to be jingoistic.
when liberals complain about conservatives it’s usually focussed on things that conservatives have done while in power.
when conservatives complain about liberals it’s usually(based on listening to rush limbaugh and bill o’reilly, etc)focussed on jingoistic slogans(‘they hate life’, ‘they love saddam hussein’, etc)that have nothing to do with any of the serious issues with which we’re confronted."
- Wonderfully cheesy Snakes on a Plane Flash banners.