- An astonishing case of a feral child recovered in the Ukraine is the ultimate test of the nature vs. nurture issue: (spotted on Boing Boing)
"Experts agree that unless a child learns to speak by the age of five, the brain misses its window of opportunity to acquire language, a defining characteristic of being human."
- The most craptacular lyrics of all time, with a strong showing by 70s prog groups on page 2. Nice! (guest submission from Andrea. A-N-D-R-E-A! Ding ding dang ding ding ding don ding don dang!)
- Wikipedia is far broader than I had imagined… and I had imagined it pretty broad. There are whole entries for bad prog rock albums (hi, Tales From Topographic Oceans!) and even particular songs, including Genesis’ "Supper’s Ready."
- New Line Cinema partners with Zenescope Entertainment to create comic books based on Final Destination and Se7en. Watch the Se7en comic book trailer (Windows Media link), with motion graphics type set in… dear god… Arial. (spotted on Comic Book Resources)
- McFarlane reveals the Lost action figures. The Shannon figure is surprising and yet, not surprising at all.
- J.J. Abrams, creator of my crack, cashes in.
- This will not be interesting to anybody who’s never heard of Grant Morrison, but whoa, this is a crazy weird pairing if I ever heard of one.